In a recent video, ‘Patients’ Guide To Understanding Dental Implant Treatment Process’ Dr. Kazemi presented step-by-step how a patient goes from searching the right dentist all the way to getting their new teeth. Here is a synopsis:
- Search for the right team of dentists: an oral surgeon and a skilled restorative dentist.
- A comprehensive evaluation by each dentist with diagnostics that includes full mouth series of X-rays, CBCT (cone beam CT scan), detailed examination of teeth (restorations, periodontal health, endodontic health, position, bite, etc.), photos, models, and a full aesthetic and functional analysis.
- Treatment plan design by collaborating dentists.
- Phase 1 therapy (necessary extractions, endodontic treatments, restorative procedures, initial periodontal therapy).
- Phase 2 therapy (bone grafting, dental implant placement, cosmetic procedures, final restorations).
- Continued assessment and evaluation at every stage of the treatment.
The key to dental implant success is a well-designed treatment plan based on a comprehensive examination and diagnostics, the right team of skilled dentists, and following the process step-by-step. Anything less is a compromise and guaranteed to result in complications.