This patient had a non-restorable lower premolar with a vertical root fracture which had to be extracted. The site was grafted and allowed to heal for 4 months. A dental implant was precisely placed following total digital workflow and then restored with perfect crown contours, fit, and bite. This is what we call 4-dimensional dentistry- what patient love.
- Atraumatic tooth extraction
- Site bone graft to preserve tissue
- 3-D computer-assisted planning
- Surgical guide fabricated from 3-D work up using 3-D printing
- Selected dental implant placed using the surgical guide.
- Following 4 months of healing, a custom abutment and crown were fabricated and placed.
- The diagnostic work up began with the end in mind.
- 3-D digital work flow for diagnostics and planning
- A proper surgical guide allowed accurate placement of the implant.
- Site development with soft tissue development allowing proper tissue topography and emergence.
- Well-designed and fabricated implant restoration