- Complexity of surgery: The more complex the surgery, the higher the chance of increased discomfort, swelling, and overall recovery.
- Surgical approach and technique: Conservative and minimally surgical approaches can minimize discomfort, possibly avoid swelling, and speed of recovery.
- Length of surgery: Typically, longer surgical procedures require more healing and recovery time.
- Post-operative instructions: You can improve your recovery by closely adhering to both pre-operative and post-operative instructions. Follow them closely and you can recover faster.
- Individual’s physiology and healing potential: This is highly variable between different individuals. Good nutrition and general state of health help to speed up your recovery.
Most soft tissue biopsy procedures are relatively minor and minimally invasive. Biopsy of cysts or large masses are more invasive and require longer recovery. Most patients are primarily concerned about pain and swelling after surgery, what they can eat, and when they can return to normal activities. Recovery can vary based on the following factors: