Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Are you experiencing pain or infection in the back of your mouth?
- Are your wisdom teeth impacted, decayed, or developing gum disease?
- Do your wisdom teeth require removal because of poor position or for orthodontic reasons?
Wisdom teeth are a common source of pain and infection and their removal is important in preventing localized disease and promoting long term health. Key facts:
- Surgery is best performed by an oral surgeon, not general dentists, to avoid complications and assure a smooth recovery.
- It is best to have all four wisdom teeth removed at the same time. This will not increase your recovery time or amount of pain.
- Most procedures take 20 to 30 minutes to complete- That’s for all four wisdom teeth
- IV sedation anesthesia is recommended for optimal comfort and experience. It is a safe technique and most patients go home after 30 to 45 minutes of recovery.
- Most patients recover adequately within in two days to return to work or school.
- The best age for removal is between 15 and 20.
- Wisdom teeth extraction and anesthesia are covered by most dental insurances as basic services. Although we do not participate with any insurances, we can assist you with your benefits and reimbursement.