Implant Care Practitioner
Dental implants require regular maintenance and proper home care for optimal success. Our implant care practitioner, collaborating closely with the surgeon and your restorative dentist, provides advanced dental hygiene education, treatments, and an effective home care regimen to achieve long-term health.
The Implant Care Practitioner is a registered dental hygienist with the highest level of implant knowledge, training and hands on experience to maintain the health of teeth and implants as well as treat patients with periodontal or peri-implant disease.
Schedule your appointment today with our implant care practitioner and get the type of specialized care you need to keep teeth and implants healthy and pain-free.
Implant Care Services
Dental implants are not teeth and, therefore, require different diagnostic and maintenance techniques from natural teeth. Our services include:
- Standard dental hygiene: Designed for patients with either healthy teeth and implants who need basic hygiene services or for those with history or active periodontal or implant disease who need more advanced hygiene care.
- Implant Care Practitioner: Designed for patients with dental implants whether completely healthy requiring basic hygiene and maintenance or with active peri-implant disease (inflammation, bone loss, etc) requiring more advanced hygiene interventions
- Home care hygiene instructions and recommendations: Based on your individual needs, we’ll provide you with an effective and customized home care regimen and recommend specific products that will be of benefit in keeping your teeth and implants healthy
Depending on the needs of the individual, the implant care practitioner offers a non-surgical therapeutic approach to peri-implant and periodontal diseases through the adjunctive use of:
- Diode Laser Therapy: the use of laser science in conjunction with traditional procedures to aid in the reduction of pathogenic bacteria and maintenance of periodontal tissue.
- Periodontal Endoscopy: a miniature endoscope that magnifies tooth and implant anatomy allowing for the visualization of deposits deep underneath the gum aiding in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases with a minimally invasive technique
- Guided Biofilm Therapy: powder streaming techniques with glycine powder have shown to be clinically effective in the removal of plaque bio-film from any implant surface and more efficient stain removal for natural teeth.
Oral Hygiene Instructional Videos
Your home care regimen should be specific to your dental needs. We only recommend the highest quality brushes and products specifically designed for the patient with dental implants. This includes a variety of specialty brushes, the use of hydromagnetic oral irrigation, and electric toothbrushes.
In this video, we review important home care and hygiene instructions for all dental implant case types.