Dr. Sanaz Vahid
Dr. Sanaz Vahid is a highly trained periodontist. She completed her residency in periodontics at the University of Pittsburgh and received her doctorate of dental surgery from University of Maryland. Throughout her education, she has demonstrated strong technical and clinical skills and a passion for taking care of patients with professionalism, responsibility, and reliability they expect. As a periodontist, Dr. Vahid will complement our services with management of periodontal disease, soft and hard tissue management, and dental implant treatments. She will also join our circle of forum leaders at The Facialart Dental Forum. She is a delightful and charismatic individual and we know you will enjoy working with her.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine Department of Periodontics: Candidate for completion of Specialty Certificate 2018
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine Anesthesia Department: Candidate IV Sedation Certificate
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine: Certificate of completion for Advanced Education in General Dentistry
- University of Maryland Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Baltimore, MD: Doctor of Dental Surgery May 2014
- University of Maryland School of Behavioral Health, College Park, MD: Bachelor of Science in Bio-Psychology
- University of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Class of 2018
- Certification of residency in Periodontics
- University of Maryland Dental School, School of Dental Medicine
General Practice Residency
- University of Maryland
Dr. Vahid lectures and contributes regularly to multiple professional societies. Shee is an active online contributor and author for both teaching other dentists as well as patient education.
Facialart Dental Forum
Dr. Vahid is a contributor to Facialart Dental Forum, an online global educational site for dentists.
Memberships / Research
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine Periodontics Department Present
- Mentor Dr. Pouran Famili DDS
- Research the association between Sleep Apnea and Oral Disease
- Research the association between Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Periodontal Disease Mentor Dr. Kelly Williams DDS
- Research the association of micro biome of oral cavity and digestion
- University of Maryland Research Program
- Mentor Dr. Sara Via
- Performed analysis on ecology and evolutionary biology regarding genomes
Laadership / Community Services
- Class of 2014 Social Chair: Serve as a voice for the student body in discussing events and charity participation around Baltimore, organized events for my class.
- Student Dental Association Government: University of Maryland’s Association put on events for students including vendor night to provide students access to various companies which they would be working with in their career, also put together the dental school fundraising event battle of the bands, organized formal and other student body functions.
- President of Iranian Dental Association 2013-2014: Set up events, big brother big sister tutoring, embraced involvement of the culture throughout campus.
- Trinity College University of Dublin, Ireland Externship at School of Dental Surgery
- Dental Admissions Committee
- American Student Dental Association
- Honduras Mission Trip
- Teaching Experience: Taught in Pre-Doctoral clinic
- Global Brigade Organization:Assisted and participated with fundraising for providing areas with low economic status, water, health care, and housing throughout the world.
- Oral Hygiene Presentation Days: Provided oral hygiene instructions to elementary classes throughout the Baltimore area on multiple occasions
- University of Maryland Pre-Dental Society