If you are looking to have dental implants to replace missing teeth and are wondering whether to choose Clear Choice Implant Centers or a specialty private practice, you are not alone. Many wonder what the differences are between the two.
How do Clear Choice Implant Centers differ from specialty practices like ours, which also provide dental implant treatments? What are the benefits of choosing a private practice? And why would patients choose a private practice over a chain implant center? I think ultimately the answers depend on which better meet patients’ individual needs.
Clear Choice Implant Centers have done a great job raising awareness about the negative impact of missing teeth on one’s life and how dental implants can change lives. They have brought together specialists who are specifically trained in dental implant therapy and have created an easy and transparent way for patients to receive treatments. Though corporate-driven marketing campaigns, they continue to spread the message on benefits of implants and how millions of edentulous patients can receive such life-changing treatments. They have established many centers around the country which provide consistent franchise-based treatments following the same techniques, materials, and fee structures. They have also aligned surgeons, restorative dentists, and laboratory technicians all in one place for patient convenience.
Private specialty practices, on the other hand, are operated by individual or group of doctors, each following their own specific treatment process, materials, and fee structure. While every practice is different, I am going to use our practice, Kazemi Oral Surgery & Dental Implants in Bethesda MD, as an example to demonstrate the similarities and distinctive differences:
- EXPANDED SKILLED SPECIALIST SURGEONS! We have an oral surgeon (that’s me, Dr. Kazemi) and periodontist representing the two surgical specialties in dentistry. Through this unique multi-specialty collaboration, we offer a range of surgical treatments for both existing dentition as well as those missing. This is particularly important when managing patients with periodontal disease and missing teeth who require a multi-disciplinary treatment.
- EXPERIENCED RESTORATIVE, LABORATORY, AND HYGIENE TEAM PROVIDING COMPREHENSIVE CARE! We have several prosthodontists and highly trained restorative dentists who collaborate with us on total patient care. Additionally, we have a master lab technician and two laboratories that work closely with our dental team. We also have an implant care practitioner who is a hygienist with specialty training in the care and maintenance of dental implants.
- PERSONALIZED TREATMENT OPTIONS: Not every patient needs complete extractions and replacement with a full set of dental implants! With our circle of other specialists in endodontics and orthodontics, we are able to often save teeth and only replace what is absolutely necessary. Patients can be assured that they will receive truly personalized care and not just a limited “menu” of treatment options.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS & DIGITALLY-DRIVEN TECHNOLOGY! We use only the most researched and recognized dental implants and components for every patient. Furthermore, each treatment includes total digital workflow, computer-assisted planning, and guided surgery for optimal precision, predictability, and safety. IV sedation is also available to provide total patient comfort during any procedure. .
- CLEAR & AFFORDABLE PRICING! Our flat global fees are clear and transparent with several payment options to make treatments affordable for everyone.
- 5-STAR SERVICE & PATIENT CARE! For many patients, the total experience is what is important to them. Creating total comfort for our patients is a huge priority for us and another way that we have distinguished our practice from other implant providers. We aim to make each patient’s treatment experience remarkable by providing a relaxing environment, friendly and attentive staff, personal concierge, on-time appointments, and transportation services.
- TIMELY & HELPFUL COMMUNICATION! Communication and support at all times – before, during, and after surgery – and giving patients a clear road map so they always know what to expect and what to do is one way that our patients know they are in good hands. Easy access to doctors and quick responses when they need us most is the rule, not the exception. Clear multi-media post-operative instructions and our team support during the recovery phase are provided to every patient to help to prevent complications and speed healing.
This is what we do every day, and that’s why we consistently deliver remarkable results that are only possible with great expertise, skill, knowledge, attention to detail, and a patient-focused practice.
So, where is the best choice for your dental implant treatment? It is certainly a major decision and investment for most people and one that must be made with absolute confidence. I think it all comes down to deciding who can deliver what you want with the assurance you need. Who can provide you with the results and experience you are looking for? Who can provide you the most appropriate treatment that considers your well-being? Who takes the time to listen to your concerns and answer your questions? Who has the best and most caring team who treat you not like a patient or client but like family? And who ultimately delivers the promise- To empower you to smile again, eat better, and live your life.
When you weigh out your options as a patient, don’t settle for less than the best. Take your time to get your questions answered and then you’ll be able to make the best decision with confidence.